Tuesday 12 April 2016

Chloe from Purple Onion Designs

Hello my crafting friends,


Today I have a card made with Purple Onion Designs stamps. I'm so glad I finally got this video edited and ready for you. I used Chloe - a bunny with a flower - and Bloom No.2 stamps to create my card today. In the video I am concentrating on how to colour a fur and add texture to it to make it look more realistic. I used my go-to colouring technique: copics combined to coloured pencils. Here's my card:





I made this into a video tutorial, you can watch it here or in HD in Youtube.


Supplies:
Stamps: Chloe (bunny with flower) and Bloom No.2 
Inks: Memento Desert Sand, Versamark
Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder by WOW!

Copic markers: Chloe: E40 - E41 - E42, Shirt: R00 - R21 - R32, Flowers: E000 - Y21 - YR21 - YR23, Leaves: YG91 - YG93 - YG95


Faber-Castell Polychrome Pencils: Chloe: Ivory (105), Burnt Ochre (187), Raw Umber (180), Burnt Sienna (283), Shirt: Light Flesh (132), Medium Flesh (131), Dark Red (225), Flower: Cream (102), Dark Cadmium Yellow (108), Van-Dyck-Brown (176), Dark Cadmium Orange (115), Cadmium Orange (111), Leaves: May Green (170), Earth Green Yellowish(168), Olive Green Yellowish (173)


Thanks for stopping by!

Marika

20 comments:

  1. Adorable card and fab coloring! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful Marika! I will add this video to my watch list as I have not had much 'me' time ie. crafty time recently, my hubby had a BCC cut from his ear and reshaped Monday (and he is the perfect example of a male patient...) and we had visitors last weekend and are off to stay in Brisbane city with them next weekend... eek, I miss my card making time lol. Anyhoo, I hope to see your video soon is what I'm trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, so very cute and as always coloring is spot on. thank you so much for sharing your incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching your videos Marika and your fur looks fantastic! The Faber Castell pencils give wonderful detail and definition to the base layers you started with and the colours are beautiful. A cute and pretty card! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably learned more about coloring fur from you than anyone else. Love Stacy's designs but you've taken them one step further...make them alive. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohhh, so lovely, Marika! I wish I was Chloe, to be able to sit amongst such beautifully coloured daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your work so Marika and learn so much from you & your VIDEOS! Thank you so much for the video! And for the Purple Onion Designs Stamps! I love POD combined with your work is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marika, I adore the Purple Onion Designs by Stacy Yacula images, they are so sweet and so beautiful and you give them life with amazing coloring. Your video is amazing to watch as you keep adding more and more detail to this sweet little bunny, I'm so happy you never gave up on her.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such patience, Marika! It's really beautiful and at no time during your coloring, did I think it was destined for the trash can. LOL. But you are so right, we need to take a break when we are disappointed in our coloring. It always looks better after you have stepped away and come back to it. I'm glad to know, I'm not the only one. I usually have too much time invested to give up and just keep going until it works out. Craftqueen417 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the fun tutorial, after watching your video I got I inspired to get my prismacolor dusted off and start using them.

    BTW, which pencil sharpener do you use to sharpen your color pencils?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing card Marika! As always, your coloring is beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the best when it comes to colouring, Marika!!! What an adorable little bunny you've got there and your card is so super cute!!!! Thank you so much for doing the video!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an amazing card Marika! I just stop and stare in amazement when I drop by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful little bunny. Coloring is stunning. This card makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved watching and seeing your stamped image come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! Your card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable, Marika! Thank you for another excellent coloring video!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the sweetest card, I just love your coloring. The bunny looks amazing, love it's fur! Watching you color is so very relaxing, too. :) Inspires me to keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete